Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Family Reunion

I had a really good time at the Family Reunion in Camarillo, California. I know bricoleur wanted to hear stories of crazy, wacky people running around threatening children, but that didn't happen. My mother's side is rather sane. Even my Aunt Maxine, who suffers from Alzeimer's, was rather "with it". Her communication skills were not what they used to be, but she was quite adept at getting her points across.

At the end of the reunion, my cousin, did some henna tatoos for the family. She does it for a living, so how generous is it to do it for free for a big mess of people. Greg said (Greg didn't go) "how would you like to go to the reunion and deal blackjack?" He has a good point.





6 comments:

  1. Wow. Those are awesome pictures. Which makes me wonder ... do you have any real tattoos? I've never gotten any, but I've always been tempted. Maybe for my 40th birthday.
    I'm glad your family reunion wasn't too wacky. Wacky isn't always good.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. No real tattoos. I thought about getting a lobster with its arms dangling like it is about to be put into a pot. Then I thought better of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cool! I have always liked the color that henna tattoos have. I have a black-lined tattoo around my ankle, and I have wished for the last ten years or so that I had gotten it in a[permanent] lighter color instead.
    Nice to hear that the reunion was about family instead of family drama.
    I just looked up at your calf pics again. I cant believe your cousin was willing to do such elaborate drawings on her relatives for free... or, are you like a favorite with her and so ended up with one of her more extensive drawings?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I'm a favorite. I said, "I don't know, do a dragon." and she did. She was really fast, too. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I'm a favorite. I said, "I don't know, do a dragon." and she did. She was really fast, too. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Those are awesome pictures. Which makes me wonder ... do you have any real tattoos? I've never gotten any, but I've always been tempted. Maybe for my 40th birthday.
    I'm glad your family reunion wasn't too wacky. Wacky isn't always good.
    M

    ReplyDelete