Sunday, September 4, 2005

Help with Amnesia

I need fictitious city names. I have to name the Homestead where everything is happening to distinguish it from other city's Homsteads. I could only think of Springfield, but that makes me think of the Simpsons. Any ideas?

Also, I'm trying to name things as horribly as I can, ie. Homestead, Home Corporation, Golden Ranch Round-up preshift, and the paper to mimic the way companies try to make things seem more comfortable and easily accessible. I think I'm doing a horrible job of it, which is too bad, because I find it so insidious. Any suggestions there?

5 comments:

  1. By the way, I like your cute new user icon. Whenever I watch Spongebob with my daughter, I will think of you ...
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purgatory Flats???
    Hells half acre
    Jesus' merry-go-round
    Vinyl Flooring
    Pandoras Hexagon
    THE City
    ovbiously I have no idea....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disney is the best at that sort of thing, that's true. The different income level thing, now that is insidious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purgatory Flats???
    Hells half acre
    Jesus' merry-go-round
    Vinyl Flooring
    Pandoras Hexagon
    THE City
    ovbiously I have no idea....

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I like your cute new user icon. Whenever I watch Spongebob with my daughter, I will think of you ...
    M

    ReplyDelete