Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Wrapped in White Butcher Paper

I just read an amazing vision quest post by [info]mkhobson that involved a car accident among other interesting adventures. It reminded me of my own less interesting experience as follows.

I came across an accident once in the middle of the night with some friends in an Oregon forest. We saw a fire in the forest and then after we passed someone said that they saw silvery light coming out as well like headlights. We backed up and determined it was a car and I called 911 from a nearby phone. We didn't look closely at the accident as we wouldn't know what to do. Luckily, help arrived very quickly.

We stopped at the next rest stop which had no lights on to speak of and found a lot of objects wrapped in white butcher paper piled in and around the garbage cans. They were labeled "shoulder", and "leg" etc. We found the one that looked the most like a wrapped human head. I was made the designated meat unwrapper. In the dark, as I unwrapped it, for a second, it looked just like a human head. A couple of my friends even gasped and one of them hit me in surprise (an odd reaction). Of course, it turned out to not be a human head. Probably, it was some other human part, but it looked like cow. Anyway, there was no wrapped meat labeled "head" to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment