Saturday, September 4, 2004

Vanessa, the Melancholic Floor Supervisor

Vanessa's not melancholic at all, she just looks it. I believe that she is in her forties. She wears dark clothes and her hair is jet black. She doesn't wear any makeup, giving her the effect of looking like a sad, polygamist wife. She actually is quite funny and personable. A lot of dealers have a problem with her because she's a stickler for procedure. That doesn't bother me, she just wants everyone to do everything correctly.

She told me a story today of when she was a dealer. She was dealing to a high limit patron and was very sick. She was taking cough drops and had a cough she was trying to prevent.

Yuck, a roach just dropped from the ceiling to the desk right in front of me. I killed it though, but argh. Vegas has too many roaches. If you go outside at night, they are running around everywhere. Luckily, we have cats that patrol the doors to prevent most of them coming in. We have discovered that they come in from other apartments through the door that houses the water shut off valves. We need to block that off somehow. Anyway, back to my story.

She had a cough. The man was with his "daughter". You know, the type of daughter that puts out. Anyway, after losing a couple of hands, the "daughter" leaned in and blew smoke directly in Vanessa's face. This caused Vanessa to cough uncontrollably. Vanessa said, "I'm sorry, but I'm very sick. Could you please not blow smoke into my face?"

The man got very angry and replied, "How dare you talk to her that way?!" He called over the floor supervisor and had them change dealers. She was taken to the shift supervisor that told her that she was in a lot of trouble. She said that she had every right and the daughter was doing it to be spiteful. She insisted that they go look at the tape and see that it was deliberate. They did and saw what Vanessa was claiming. She was off the hook.

Later, the man requested that Vanessa came to the table when the "daughter" was not there. He said, "I'm really sorry about what happened. You were completely right. I have to be superman though if I'm going to get some later tonight. You understand." This only pissed Vanessa off more. He then gave her $2,000 as a tip. The floor supervisor could sense that she was pissed off and said, "Just drop the tip in the box and go." She did.

No comments:

Post a Comment