Saturday, October 2, 2004

The Battle of the Squashes

I bought this absolutely beautiful turban squash. Now, turban squash, in case you didn't know, is so horribly ugly that it is beautiful, kind of like pomegranates I also bought a sweet dumpling squash, which is small and cute as far as squashes go, like an mini-albino pumpkin. I put these masterpieces of nature upon the counter of the kitchen to display them along with a butternut squash that I bought earlier. (In case you didn't know, I love squash. They keep forever and are delicious with copious amounts of butter).

Now, I'm not going to name names, but someone in this apartment put the squashes in the cupboard. Fine, I thought, so this person doesn't think that nature is beautiful. Well, this same person went out and bought yet another squash. An undecorative spaghetti squash, boring and yellow with no bulbous shapes protruding or anything to give it character. Where does that abomination go? Why, on the counter of course. I showed that person though. I put all the squashes and a red onion displayed on the counter with a note above it that says "Such a beautiful, bountiful harvest". I should add an exclamation mark. Let's see that person put it in the cupboard now. Ah ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment