Thursday, October 28, 2004

Elite screamer

There was a man in the high limit pit the other day that would scream when he won. He would scream from the time when he discovered his win until he got paid. It wasn't a typical victory scream. It was a constant, ear-piercing wail that scared customers. Some customers even complained that it gave them headaches. He had been told several times over a couple of days that he needed to stop. At one point, a craps supervisor came over and told him he couldn't scream like that anymore. How bad do you have to be when a craps supervisor comes over because you are too loud? Pretty bad. Anyway, after the supervisor left, the man said, "Who is he to tell me what to do? What was that a $50 suit? I mean seriously." Apparently, expensive suits = authority and inexpensive suits = no authority. How much does he think floor supervisors make anyway? FYI, floor supervisors make less than the dealers. (Pit supervisors are a different story though).

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but the screamer had a point. Expensive suits mean business. I will stop and listen to an expensive suit. An inexpensive suit, like the kind you see on car salesmen or Jehovah's Witnesses -- they are negligible. One does not pay a whit of attention to cheap suits.
    I paid $100 for my last suit, and I am still embarrassed by that piddling figure. You're not in real power until you're buying $1600 suits, and accessorizing them with big ass diamonds and gold. And BMWs. BMWs are the ultimate accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if I was rich, I would still go cheap. I just can't see paying that much money for something that isn't that great to begin with. I don't know.....I guess I'll have to see when I'm rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, believe me, if you were rich you wouldn't go cheap. Why would you? Expensive clothes are really nicer, especially expensive men's clothes.
    A big factor is the tailoring. A cheap, off-the-rack suit is ugly and awkward. But a nice tailored suit makes a man look like ten million bucks. When you're rich, you'll be able to afford to fly to Hong Kong for a month and have a whole closetful of them made.

    ReplyDelete