Thursday, October 14, 2004

Computer Quandry

So, I got to looking at ipods last night. They require me to have Windows XP and a firewire or USB 2.0 port. All of this, I can do. Now a much cheaper Dell DJ does not require me to have Windows XP. Now, that's a savings of $100 right there. They lose some in the cool factor, but they are functional at a reduced price.

Dell must have my number though, because today an ad showed up in hotmail. The ad was for Dell and it says "today only" and they have a pretty kick ass computer on sale with monitor for $349. (By kick ass, I have to compare to my computer and almost anything is kick ass). The computer they offered does need some upgrades that I could do later, but it has a good start. I am resisting though, it is so hard. ($150 of that price is for Windows alone, so really the computer is only $200. Holy cow, a computer for $200...I never thought this day would come). By the way, I'm not an ad for Dell.

This is one of the reasons that I can't buy an Apple computer. Apple computers are never on sale for $349.

2 comments:

  1. You get what you pay for.
    A Dell will never reach up and give you a hug and say, "Mommy, I love you" like my G4 will.
    Oh wait. That's my daughter. I get them confused sometimes.
    (heh heh heh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get what you pay for.
    A Dell will never reach up and give you a hug and say, "Mommy, I love you" like my G4 will.
    Oh wait. That's my daughter. I get them confused sometimes.
    (heh heh heh)

    ReplyDelete