Friday, August 13, 2004

Agatha Christie's "Starsky and Hutch"

I have nothing to report today.

Greg and I went to Red Robin for dinner after discussing where we wanted to eat for what seemed like hours. It was the best choice. We take a while, but we make good decisions.

Then we came home. Obviously, we were starved after eating the gigantic burgers so Greg made a pineapple upside-down cake. It was also very delicious. We ate it while watching Agatha Christie's Miss Marple Mystery: "Murder is Announced". I don't know why, but lately I can't get enough Agatha Christie. I can't stand reading the books or rather I haven't tried recently. The movies and series are brilliant though. I think I like Poirot better than Miss Marple because he is such a strange toad-like man. I didn't realize how funny Agatha Christie was and that is what is drawing me in. I certainly laughed out loud a lot more than watching the "comedy" movie of "Starsky and Hutch" to which I didn't laugh once.

I'll be the first to admit it. Ben Stiller is not funny anymore. Owen Wilson is ugly. Owen Wilson has a deformed nose that not only disfigures his face, but you can hear his deviated septum when he talks. I'm all for "non-beautiful" people being actors, but I don't want to hear an annoying nasal problem when someone talks unless it is necessary to the plot. I just keep wanting to yell for him to blow his nose or something.

(2 comments) - (Post a new comment)

[info]mkhobson
2004-08-14 03:43 am (local) (link) DeleteFreezeScreenTrack This
Ben Stiller was never funny. Except in Zoolander. And Mystery Men, I guess.

Have you seen any of the "Jeeves and Wooster" series with Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry? They're hilarious.

[info]tuber_x
2004-08-14 08:34 am (local) (link) DeleteFreezeScreenTrack This
Damn, now I have another show I have to check into.

No comments:

Post a Comment