Saturday, August 14, 2004

Bob Costas and Katie Couric must Die!

I'm not the biggest fan of the Olympics, but I watch the opening ceremonies. They always put on a dazzling show with something unique in it. I record it so I can just fast forward through the parade of nations and the olympic hymn, yawn.

Katie Couric and Bob Costas were the narrators this time around. Boy oh boy, do they suck. They should be replaced by a scroll on the bottom of the screen.

The opening ceremony has music and some narration all on its own. Why can't I see the show as it was intended to be seen? Do I really have to hear Bob Costas say, "The Greeks are famous for mythical gods."???? Oh really Bob, I'm sure I didn't know that and I'm sure that everyone else in the world doesn't know that. Do I have to hear Katie Couric say, "Oh, I love this part. I thought it was great how they did this." Damn it. I don't care what you think. You didn't say anything revolutionary. In a way, you are telling us how we should think about it. Up yours lady.

The thing that really ticked me off is when they talked the entire time that Bjork sang. "She wore an interesting swan dress to the Oscars." Shut up, shut up, everyone knows and it has been a joke a million times already. Let the lady sing. When were they silent? Through the boring, olympic hymn. It is not in English and it is a horrible song. Talk then.

The camera work needed some help too, but that can be forgiven.

(5 comments) - (Post a new comment)

[info]liligan
2004-08-14 12:06 am (local) (link) DeleteFreezeScreenTrack This
Oh my gosh! (hehe)
I totally forgot that the Olympics were starting yesterday. I too enjoy watching them. And I agree with you about the announcers. They were the announcers for the Salt Lake Olympics too, and the did the exact same thing for those.
A mute button needs to be invented that only mutes the announcers.

[info]tuber_x
2004-08-14 08:32 am (local) (link) DeleteFreezeScreenTrack This
I'm glad I'm not alone on this.

[info]mkhobson
2004-08-14 03:26 am (local) (link) DeleteFreezeScreenTrack This
Wow. Bob Costas and Katie Couric. I don't think they could have come up with two more intrinsically annoying people.

Unless it was like, Joan Rivers and Bobcat Goldthwaite.

M

[info]mkhobson
2004-08-14 03:31 am (local) (link) DeleteFreezeScreenTrack This

[info]tuber_x
2004-08-14 08:32 am (local) (link) DeleteFreezeScreenTrack This
So, not only is he annoying, but he is wrong too. We have some jerk over-talking one of the biggest events of the year and he is just making stuff up? Just shoot me now.

By the way, I think you hit the nail on the head with the two most annoying possibilities of announcers: Joan Rivers and Bobcat Goldthwaite. I think I would almost prefer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment