Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Sona, the Foul-Mouthed Dealer from Afghanistan

Sona is one of the funniest people I know when it comes to swearing. She looks so nice and then a stream of obscenities come out of her mouth.

In the break room today, she was relating a story about one of the players she was dealing to in the high limit room. "He's such an ass. I gave him $30,000 and he gave me a quarter and he's so mean and rude. You gave me a quarter, you son-of-a-bitch. I show you, you mother fucker. I'll fuck you up. I'll fucking change my shuffle, you fuck." She smiles showing the face that she gives to the player. "Instead of stripping 5 times. I stripped 14 times. I showed him, the ass. He said, 'What happened? You got so hot all of a sudden.'" She showed us her smile again, "I don't know what happened. That's too bad." Her smile fades, "We're such good actors. Such a business we're in."

She shares the same Vegas pet peeves as I do. Everyone in Vegas has two conversations. One is the changing house market. "I bought my house for $90,000 and now it is worth $225,000." You hear that an awful lot here. Since both Sona and I rent, we don't care. One time, she called over someone and asked how much he bought his house for. He responded with the typical answer that included how much it was worth now. Her response, "I don't fucking care how much it is worth. Get the fuck out of here." The other conversation is about how much Vegas has grown. "I remember when Rainbow Blvd. was the edge of town and now it just keeps going." Then the conversations go on and on about where different stores were, etc. Her response no matter where they are talking about, "I don't fucking care what was on the corner of Rainbow and Flamingo in 1978. Shut the fuck up." Which is exactly how I feel, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment