Saturday, June 4, 2005

CNN Headline News

My problems with CNN Headline News are many. I'm not even going to go into how they focus on the latest white woman being kidnapped or the trendiest court drama. It usually is McNews. I have no problem with that. I watch it sometimes just to see if anything big is going on that I should know about before work.

No, my problem is with their format. Sports? They have a section on sports? What the? Aren't there a couple of sports stations already? Then here in Las Vegas, they show the "Local Edition" on weekdays. If I want local news, I'll watch the local station. On top of that, CNN teases a story coming up on the national channel and then it switches over to the Local Edition which, as of late, has been a simple interview format of recent Nevada Legislature activities. Wanna be bored? Follow local Nevada law. I know that I should be interested, but I'm just not.

So, there's 8 minutes of Local Edition, 5 minutes of Sports. That's 13 minutes out of their 30 minute format. On top of that, I was just watching and they repeated stories that they had at the top after 15 minutes. Man, who tunes in at 15 minutes to get the top of the news. What a joke.

And now, they are also having "Showbiz Tonight" and the "Nancy Grace" Courtroom show. Arrrgh. This is even too "Mc" for me. Where can I get my McNews in a hurry? Damn you CNN!

No comments:

Post a Comment