Tuesday, June 7, 2005

My Forth Job


Memorial Medical Center
This was the perfect job to work during the school year. It catered to students to come in after school and work for a few hours. All you had to do was pull and put back medical charts. How easy is that? It also had minimal exposure to other people. Ah, my dream job if it paid well.

We found one chart that had "Private...For the Doctor's eyes only" written in big, black letters all over it. The other file clerks and I knew an invitation when we saw it. We looked inside. We found a picture of a stillborn baby that had one eye with two pupils.

4 comments:

  1. o.my.god.
    So, do you regret looking in the file or not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely not. Deformities fascinate me. I would take abnormal over normal anyday. I think it is ridiculous that they wanted to keep the file extra private, like it was something to be ashamed of. It's out of your hands and you're not in Junior High anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound kind of unprofessional... like no one else in there had anything truly private in their files by comparison? Maybe they were trying to cover for liability issues if someone looked in the file unprepared and then was 'scarred for life' by the horror of it or something they didnt want to be sued for it.
    I didnt even know that was a possible deformity to have happen to a fetus. I wonder if the doctors had seen such a thing before. I wonder what they told the mother?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely not. Deformities fascinate me. I would take abnormal over normal anyday. I think it is ridiculous that they wanted to keep the file extra private, like it was something to be ashamed of. It's out of your hands and you're not in Junior High anymore.

    ReplyDelete