Saturday, June 11, 2005

My Eighth Job

Oh my, I think that is the first time in my life that I have ever written out the word "eighth". It doesn't look right at all. I had to look it up and everything. Wow, what a strange word.


I worked for Olson Family Studios for two weeks. It was horrible. I had to call people and get them to come in for their "free" 8X10 family portrait. Whether or not they would fall for that, I would then have to try to get the names and numbers of 8 people they knew. We would then call those people saying that "so and so" referred us. Talk about an intrusion.

They had old generic beige phones. We sat at long fold-out tables and were not allowed to put the handset down. We were required to keep it on our shoulder and press down on cradle to hang up. This saved precious time in order to keep us dialing. I just didn't go to work one day. Oddly enough, they weren't surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment