Saturday, June 25, 2005

My Fifteenth Job


I-link was a horrible job, too. It was a small company that offered long distance services through individual salesmen that then try to get more salesmen under them. In my training, they kept insisting that it wasn't a pyramid scheme. It was. Modified pyramid schemes are completely legal in Utah. I started answering the phones and helping people with long distance service. I then became the evening supervisor and then the day supervisor. At this point, I fired a couple of people. They were warned not to call each other while at work, but they kept doing it. I was mad because everyone else was going through hell and they would talk to each other on the phone all day about how great the mormon church was. On top of that, they knew that we could listen in to their conversations. So, they were idiots as well as lazy. I don't know if I had the same situation today if I would have fired them. Probably, they were pretty bad. This is where I met demridawn, who has a few choice words about I-Link.

I then became the wholesale account manager. I worked with companies that bought long distance from us that were not part of the pyramid scheme. It was horribly disorganized and everyone that I went to for demands from the wholesale accounts had the last name of Edwards. The owner's last name was, you guessed it, Edwards. I learned that the "Edwards" referred to me as "the queer" behind my back. That didn't really bother me, but I knew advancement was not going to be possible. On top of that, the company was going to crash and burn. It was clear. And on top of that, I was suicidal every Sunday night because I knew I had to go to work the next day. Quitting this job was really one of the best things I ever did.

6 comments:

  1. My god in heaven. OK, that last job I said sucked? I take it back. This job obviously is going to be your worst job of all time. What an atrocious job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHHA ahh Melissa Edwards =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just an FYI I told tuber_x to quit this job, I know I rock...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it was pretty bad. I guess I should count my blessings that I don't have it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you did. Whenever I say something bad about a job you say, "Well then quit". (That's a good thing).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, it was pretty bad. I guess I should count my blessings that I don't have it anymore.

    ReplyDelete