Sunday, June 26, 2005

My Seventeenth Job



No, I wasn't in the olympics. I worked security for the 2002 Olympics. I worked 12 hours a night for 18 days in a row. That sucks the life right out of you. You would think that with the overtime, that I would have been rolling in dough, but I make more now. I had to sit in the Hallmark Pavilion overnight to make sure that the heater in the trailer with the snow globes did not turn off. They were afraid that the snow globes would freeze and break if the heater turned off. Of course, snow globes usually have a chemical in them to keep from freezing, but I wasn't going to tell them that. It was cold, but I managed to sleep for a couple hours every night. I was the worst security guard ever. I got to sit where Kristi Yamaguchi sat and signed autographs and I got to throw away her lipstick stained coffee cup. That really was the highlight of my life for about a week.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, a varied work history doesn't really work in your favor though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, a varied work history doesn't really work in your favor though.

    ReplyDelete