Monday, June 13, 2005

My tip

Last night, I had a group of gypsies playing at my $25 blackjack game. There was a father, wife, daughter, and son. The women were not allowed to play, but were just allowed to watch. Yep, gypsies are sexist. The father asked, "where are my cigarettes?"

The mother replied, "I thought you got them from the bar."

Father, "I thought you got them. I didn't get them."

Mother, "I didn't get them, they are your cigarettes. I'll go check the bar" Minute later. "There wasn't any there"

Father, "Any what?"

Mother, "Cigarettes. I couldn't find your cigarettes."

Father, "Why would I need cigarettes? I have some in my pocket." I laughed pretty hard at this, so did the daughter.

Couple of minutes later....the father asked, "Where are my cigarettes?"

Mother, "I'll go buy you some cigarettes."

Me..."You can get free cigarettes from the cocktail waitress, just ask for them."

The mother kept trying to go get cigarettes and the father said he had plenty a couple of times. Meanwhile, the daughter, the only sane was urging her mother to stay to get cigarettes from the cocktail waitress. The daughter lost, but the cocktail waitress brought back cigarettes before the mother came back.

Now, the son ended up playing by himself with his father watching. He did all the hand gestures that gypsies do and put himself into a little bit of a blackjack trance. He turned his $400 into $4,000 very quickly. When he lost a hand, he looked up at me, looked me in the eye and began speaking in a foreign language. He repeated what he was saying twice. I recognized it as a romance language that wasn't spanish or french. The only word I caught was "solamente". I grasped that and put it into my internal romance language translator and interpreted it as "only". Indeed, it is spanish for "only". I don't speak spanish, this just shows the power of my internal romance language translator. All bow to me. Anyway, I'm certain that it wasn't spanish. I just looked at him bewildered as I translated "solamente". He said, "Don't worry. It's a good thing." So, my tip was a gypsy blessing. No money. It better work or I'll be mad.

2 comments:

  1. OH I sure do hope it works. If it doesn't and you get mad, I don't think I can stand being chained to a chair and have you throw lit matches at me again..please work..OH GOD PLEASE WORK...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I sure do hope it works. If it doesn't and you get mad, I don't think I can stand being chained to a chair and have you throw lit matches at me again..please work..OH GOD PLEASE WORK...

    ReplyDelete