Friday, August 8, 2008

Another Olympic opening ceremony destroyed by NBC



Every time, I get so mad at NBC.  Bob Costas can't keep his mouth shut so you can hear that the music or sounds.  I posted last time too when he talked the entire time Bjork was singing in Athens.  "Yes, Bob, we remember the dress she wore during the Oscars.  Please shut up!"  The camera shots were absolutely horrible.  They would do close-ups on faces when really grand intricate designs were being made by large numbers of people.  They would do far away shots when people were standing still. 

All in all, I just sat there yelling at the TV for Bob to shut the hell up and for them to zoom out.  I wish there was another feed for this other than stupid NBC.

Other than that, this was one amazing opening ceremony.  What I did see defied any expectations.  At times, I couldn't tell what I was looking at because it was too incredible.  The world's largest LCD screen unscrolling itself floored me.  The Olympic symbol made by lights suddenly lifting off of the floor was jaw dropping and only slightly ruined by Bob Costas saying, "As if by magic, the Olympic...blah..blah..blah".  The people running around the giant globe that appeared out of the floor was beautiful.  The lighted drums at the begining that was synchronized to whow the countdown was mind blowing.

Damn you NBC yet again!!!

I especially liked it when Bob Costas said "President Bush still talking to Vladamir Putin.  Perhaps about that opening drum number still."  Even when I equate for when the ceremonies actually took place, I think that they were most likely talking about Russia invading Georgia, which only makes Bob Costas look more like an idiot that can't keep his yap shut.

3 comments:

  1. w o w
    Those tiny little fringe-y looking things on the balls are people! Now I understand why my friend told me he couldnt talk when I called last night because they were watching the opening ceremony for the Olympics on TV. All he could tell me was, "oh! there are lights and all these people! and they are making shapes! I gotta go!"
    He couldnt seem to tell exactly what was going on but it was apparently amazing to him nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was mind blowing. It had a cast of 15,000. I've never seen anything quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was mind blowing. It had a cast of 15,000. I've never seen anything quite like it.

    ReplyDelete