Friday, August 8, 2008

Europeans on vacation

I hate dealing to brides.  It's their special day and I'm the dealer that is going to ruin it for them.

I also hate dealing to Europeans.  Not because of who they are.  It's just that I know that the majority of them are on month long treks across the United States.  Europeans have seen more of America than Americans have.  They get so much vacation time...at least 20 days. 

The other day, I had some Europeans and I asked how much vacation time they got and they said the usual, "I'm taking 4 weeks off and that leaves me with only 2 more weeks off for the entire year."  Ewww I hate them.

So, I replied, "Oh really, after I worked here a year, I got 5 days off."  They are always shocked and bewildered. 

Then a Texan replied, "That's pretty good."  Only a Texan would say something so anti-worker.

I added, "Of course, with all of the mandatory overtime, I ended up working an extra day even with my five days off."

It makes me hideously angry and then they have the shorter work week which has been shown to be just as productive.

Counting shorter work weeks and longer vacations, the average European gets nine weeks (350 hours) more free time per year.

2 comments:

  1. Man, even Canada gets twice what we do. Time to move northward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, even Canada gets twice what we do. Time to move northward.

    ReplyDelete