Saturday, August 16, 2008

Month of posting

OK, just for fun, I set a goal to post at least once a day for the month of August.  Some nights I dread it, some nights I have something I really want to post.  Tonight...is a dread night.  I had to work an hour of overtime.  They didn't even ask.  They just left me on the table.  That is exactly why I left the Luxor...that and because everyone there was miserable.

While working overtime, one the players and her husband got really mad when I realized they couldn't double down on the hand that they were trying to double down.  There are more circumstances than I care to get into because it is technical and not that interesting.  Long story short, they started yelling.  Left in a huff.  Got a shift supervisor.  Yelled some more within ear shot of me.  Ended up getting a free meal even though they were not in the right.  It was scary though.  I kept thinking that maybe they would lie and I would get written up, all while working when I shouldn't be because I wasn't asked.

They were a perfect example of the caliber of people that we have been getting lately...acting very entitled.  A trait I can not abide.

7 comments:

  1. Until hearing all your tales from the tables, I swear, I used to believe dealing to be a very glamorous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People playing always think that it is just great too. I think it helps to be a people person, but I'm not. The only people that really seem to like the job at my work have a screw loose in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this,
    I wish I could print this on a card and send it out to our customers, we have many of them who are deserving of this shirt.
    I must take a class on phone technique to help deal with call in orders.
    this group of people seems to be the epitome of saying.
    Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: love this,
    They certainly do abound, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. sayings
    Our new business motto is "make them think you care".
    we are going to have to take phone ettiquette classes because our phone in customers are really crazy and needy.
    How can you work like you do??
    I am not a people person either. I need to learn how to not take it all so personally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: sayings
    It's easy...you just have to die inside a little. Actually, I'm amazed at how calloused I've become.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this,
    I wish I could print this on a card and send it out to our customers, we have many of them who are deserving of this shirt.
    I must take a class on phone technique to help deal with call in orders.
    this group of people seems to be the epitome of saying.
    Flavia

    ReplyDelete